1. 00:00 Born on the Bayou (Video)
2. 04:57 Green River (audio)
3. 07:45 Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won't Do) (audio)
4. 11:02 Commotion (audio)
5. 13:46 Bootleg (audio)
6. 16:58 Bad Moon Rising (Video)
7. 19:07 Proud Mary (audio)
8. 21:59 I Put a Spell on You (Screamin' Jay Hawkins cover) (video)
9. 26:00 Night Time Is the Right Time (Roosevelt Sykes cover) (audio)
10. 27:59 Keep On Chooglin' (video)
11. 37:25 Suzie Q (Dale Hawkins cover) (audio)
01- Love Comes In Spurts
02- Liars Beware
03- New Pleasure
04- Betrayal Takes Two
05- Down At The Rock And Roll Club (Alternate Version)
06- Who Says
07- Blank Generation
08- Walking On The Water
09- The Plan
10- Another World
11- I'm Your Man
12- All The Way
01. DAHLIA - BICEP & HAMMER (forthcoming Summer 15)02. IN YER FACE (BICEP REMIX) - 808 STATE (release TBA)03. ONLY LOVE CAN SET U-FREE (BICEP REMIX) - DYONE (forthcoming Aug' 15)04. LET YOU GO (BICEP EDIT) - DOMINICA05. HOUSE MUSIC - HERTZ06. HYPNOTIZIN (96 REMIX) - JOSH WINK07. P.S.A. - MURAT TEPELI08. TALKING TO YOU - JOSH WINK09. PLANET A - ANIL ARAS10. JUST - BICEP11. BLACKNECKS - DONT DREAM IT BE IT
In a revealing new documentary investigating the reality of what being a professional DJ is really like, from the hype and parties to relentless touring and the toll that can take on both physical and mental health.
Following the success of last year's ‘The Underground Sound of Paris’, ‘Why We DJ – Slaves To The Rhythm’ delves deep into the psyche of the DJ, exploring the motivations that drive people to pursue a career behind the decks in the first place and the effects it can have.
In refreshingly candid interviews from artist managers, tour managers, Psychologists, music industry professionals and DJs including Carl Cox, Luciano, Seth Troxler, Erick Morillo, B.Traits, Ben Pearce and Pete Tong MBE we hear stories of the lofty highs and plunging lows DJs can experience on a daily basis.
‘Why We DJ – Slaves To The Rhythm’ provides an honest look at the lives of professional DJs from the point of view of the people subjected to a heavy schedule of travel, sleep deprivation and creative pressure, whilst constantly under the social media spotlight.
For the first time, the film examines how DJs can suffer from conditions such as imposter syndrome, opening up the discussion about the sometimes-dark places artists can easily find themselves in when they’re off stage.
00:00 - Intro 01:44 - Good Times Bad Times04:53 - Ramble On 10:37 - Black Dog 16:30 - In My Time Of Dying28:20 - For Your Life 35:17 - Trampled Under Foot 42:17 - Nobody's Fault But Mine49:13 - No Quarter 58:40 - Since I've Been Loving You1:07:03 - Dazed And Confused1:18:57 - Stairway To Heaven 1:27:47 - The Song Remains The Same 1:34:24 - Misty Mountain Hop 1:39:32 - Kashmir 1:49:38 - Whole Lotta Love 1:58:00 - Rock N Roll
On a bit of a Darren Emerson kick this morning after watching Sasha and himself talking about the making of 'Scorchio', which you can view here.
EMERSON DIGWEED AND MUIR - FANFARE - DARREN EMERSON REPRISE - BEDROCK EMERSON DIGWEED AND MUIR - FANFARE - DARREN EMERSON TOKYO REMIX - BEDROCK MATADOR - THE RESORT - DARREN EMERSON REMIX - RUKUS OLEG MASS - MODULE - DETONE PROMO TREVINO - DESECRATE - HOTFLUSH P BEN - GREETING - DETONE PROMO SIAN - FEELS LIKE LIGHT - OCTOPUS DARREN EMERSON - JUPE- EDIBLE PROMO CHRISTIAN SMITH - EXPLANATION - TRONIC G FLAME - V DANCE DARREN EMERSON - BIRDCAGE - EDIBLE PROMO GARRETT DAVID - OCTOGON BLUES - DISTANT HAWAII