Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Master Burger List Review Bonanza - Pt. 10 - Blarney Stone (3rd Ave)

I used to go to Blarney Stone for liquid lunches back in the day. Nowadays, I would never do something like that. However, I would stop by for some eats and a few days ago, I did just that.

Walking by the dram shop almost everyday, their signs advertising cheap pub grub (fish and chips, sliders, meatloaf, etc.) have always enticed me. Further, Midtown Lunch wrote a generally positive review of their burgers a few years back...so I thought it was time to revisit the joint and give it a good ole contemporary review.

For what it's worth, it wasn't terrible. At $7.00 for a cheeseburger and o-rings, the price point straddles the not-too-expensive and not-too-cheap-and-shit-quality line.




Nestled between your average roll (which was too much bread), the burger had a nice charred-flavor from the grill. Also, for the size of the burger, they're generous with the American cheese. Some places might give you only one slice, whereas Blarney Stone doles out at least three. As for the bread, one suggestion I'd like to extend is to change from the hard roll to a nice sesame seeded hamburger bun. I don't think the price of the bread would be that much more, but the overall awesomeness of the burger would be multiplied by 4.2.



Unbeknownst to me, you can order your burger at whatever temperature you want (or so I'm led to believe). Without any request, they gave it to me pretty much medium/well done. So have it your way, or so the saying goes.

Blarney Stone isn't my first recommendation for a tasty burger, however, if someone's looking for a pub with decent and cheap grub in the area, it would definitely be at the top of the list.

710 3rd Ave
(between 44th St & 45th St)
New York, NY 10017
(212) 490-0457

No comments:

Post a Comment