Monday, April 5, 2010

Chef Nate Appleman arrested for possession of a pocket knife

Via NY Post:

Nate Appleman, chef at Keith McNally's new Bowery hotspot Pulino's, got arrested Wednesday afternoon in the East Village. Appleman, who is covered in tattoos but stands barely 5-foot-8, was heading home from the pizza restaurant between shifts when cops spotted a chain running from his belt into a pocket. "It's a pocket knife that's two inches long that I used to cut boxes at work," Appleman told us. "I've collected knives since I was a kid. My mother gives me a knife every year on my birthday. This knife is the one she got me this year." After three police cars surrounded him, Appleman was taken to the 9th Precinct and charged with weapons possession. He was released two hours later and is due in court on April 27. Ironically, some of the tables at Pulino's are made from old police barricades, and waiters wear shirts that say "Do not cross the line."

No comments:

Post a Comment