Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Master Burger List Review Bonanza - Pt. 4 - Rare Bar & Grill

Yeah, it's been a few since I've last written, but that doesn't mean I've been sitting around idly with my thumb up my arse. Rather, it's been one whirlwind event after another. Among these alcohol-infused escapades, I managed to have lunch with a good friend the other day at Rare Bar & Grill.

As it was my first time, I went with the "Rare" Classic. A downside is that their burgers are not served with any sides, so $9 may seem like a good deal at first glance, but the bill moves ever so upwards when you need to get your potatoes fixings on (fyi, I got the cottage fries). And, if you're in the mood for some toppings, it'll set you back anywhere from $1.50 for various cheeses and vegetables to $5 for the truffle butter or the red wine poached foie gras.



As you can see, the patty is a healthy-sized portion - almost too diesel. The bun was nothing special, but the bottom piece was effective in soaking up the copious amount of juice that flowed out of the burger when bitten into.

Here's a crosscut of the burger:



You can see how juicy the burger is by how much flavah is seen on the plate. And don't ask me why there's raw onions as well as grilled on the burger.

As the place is right around the corner from my apartment, I can imagine ordering a take-out burger when the mood strikes. It's a decent burger and gets an okay in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment