Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Master Burger List Review Bonanza - Pt. 3 - Petey's Burger

It's been a few days/weeks since I've last written. Things have been a bit hectic, especially with my move and all...but I'm still trying to stay committed to this burger thing I've got going.

The next place I hit up was Petey's Burger, located in Astoria, Queens (30-17 30th Avenue), right off the N/W line.

Here's the facade, courtesy of Serious Eats:




Here's the menu for the joint:





The place gets a solid "A" for its burger and fries. I ordered the #2, and my friend got the Petey's Melt. We got it delivered to his apartment, and the service was prompt. The burgers were still warm and the fries were still crisp. Honestly, I think I prefer these fries over Shake Shack's. I don't know what it is, but the krinkle fries at Shake Shack have been going down in quality, at least in my mind.

In any case, I was fucking marvin', so I didn't have a chance to snap any pics. Again, courtesy of SE, here's a pic of the burger I ate:





If you're not into raw onions, make sure to order without.

Some people compare it to In-N-Out. I don't. Petey's FTW. Maybe it's the California sun, or maybe it's something in our water, but I much prefer Petey's.

So in closing, I give Petey's 4 thumbs up. It might even be worth a trip into an outer borough.

No comments:

Post a Comment