Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Master Burger List Review Bonanza - Pt. 2 - Daddy-O

So somewhere between Second Avenue Deli and dinnertime, I got really, really, really drunk. But it's okay, because I was going for a garbage plate, and I don't know about you, but 99.5% of the time that I consumed a plate, I was tanked. The other .5%, I was unconscious.

Without deviating away from the plot, we (Cheese and I) made sure to order a burger. Long story short, the plate was not of the Rochester kind, and I didn't eat the burger until the next morning.

Apparently, we ordered 2 plates, a burger with tots, and a frankfuter...and a couple of Jameson's and PBR's to wash it all down.

This is what the table looked like after our order came (btw, we definitely did not order 2 plates, as we were going to share it, but somehow the waiter thought we did):




If you know your garbage plates, you know it don't look like that. All I can say is that I had one bite of it and did not have anymore. There was some type of bbq sauce slathered all over it. Wrong! It was pretty gross. I remember having a few tots, and those were great. I wish I had some right now. As for the burger, I woke up the next morning, and half a burger was in the fridge. It wasn't bad for a cold morning burger. I can't say how it tastes right out of the kitchen, but it did the trick the following morning after a serious drink-a-thon. Here's a close-up of it that was shot at the restaurant:



That's what it looks like when you're really, really drunk.

To wrap up another awesome review, this place does not make proper garbage plates. They're lying if they say do. As for the burger, I can't say. I guess the tots are a nice compliment. I was so dejected from the plate fiasco, I don't even give a shit about their burgers.

Next up on the Burger List Review Mania - Petey's Burger in Astoria.




Daddy-O
44 Bedford Street
New York, NY 10014-4498
(212) 414-8884
44 Bedford Street New York, NY 10014-4498 - (212) 414-8884

No comments:

Post a Comment