Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kongas - Africanism (Jean-Marc Cerrone)

Alright...I can't hold out on the 6 people who read this weblog.

This is my absolutely favorite track of the moment. Written in 1977 by Jean-Marc Cerrone, it's still relevant in today's musical landscape. Tribal drum beats; funky, driving bassline; stabby horns; panning synths; "Gimme Some Lovin'"...you know that's what I'm talking about (if you know what I'm talking about). We in the jungle now, baby!!



Too bad this youtube version excludes the super, driving outro. The full version is 15mins 30secs.

As a side story, my friend who I hadn't seen in many months had found the wax at a flea market for $2, and gave it to me the other day.

Hope you rike it.

1 comment:

  1. first of all, there are more than 6 people reading this shit.

    second of all, i'm so happy that you are digging this shit as much as it should be dug. i can't wait to hear the mix!!!

    until next time.....

    ReplyDelete